- The Coastal Players Tour is open to any professional or amateur golfer looking to gain tournament experience in a competitive environment. That being said, we suggest that amateurs carry a single digit handicap to be competitive with the rest of the field.
- There will be only one division on the Coastal Players Tour for 2017. Instead of having professional and amateur divisions as we did in 2016, we have condensed everyone into one division.
- 2017 54 Hole Majors will have a GUARANTEED MINIMUM $3500 1ST PLACE PRIZE, regardless of field size.
- 2017 36 Hole Tournaments will have a GUARANTEED MINIMUM $2000 1ST PLACE PRIZE, based on a field size of at least 15 professionals
- 2017 18 Hole Tournaments will have a GUARANTEED MINIMUM $1000 1ST PLACE PRIZE, based on a field size of at least 15 professionals.
- Any amateur who competes and finishes inside the top 33% will be paid out 50% of what a professional finishing in the same position would make, in the form of a VISA Gift Card (not to exceed $750). This ratio corresponds to an amateur entry fee being roughly 50% of the professional entry fee.
- Low amateur at every event will receive a trophy, regardless of finishing in the money or not.
- Players will compete from the back tees with the possible exception of a few holes which may be moved up at the discretion of the tour.
- There will be an optional $20 skins game for each tournament round. Players must pay cash on site to participate in the skins game.
- There will be an optional $50 out of the money pool for the final round of all 36 and 54 hole events. All players who are not inside the top 33% of the field entering the final round are eligible to compete. Players may “double dip” if they win money in the out of money pool as well as play themselves into the tournament money. Players must pay cash on site to compete in the out of money pool.
- All 2017 Coastal Players Tour members will participate in a season-long points race.
- Points will be allocated based on finishing position in each tournament and will be updated weekly on the website.
- Players who are inside the top 30 of the points standings at the conclusion of the tournament held October 7-8, and have competed in at least 4 tournaments throughout the year, will be eligible for the Tour Championship.
- Players who finish inside the top 10 at the conclusion of the Tour Championship will receive a monetary bonus.
- Members who finish inside the top 33% of the field will receive points which are allocated in a similar fashion to the Fed Ex Cup on the PGA Tour. A sample breakdown of points can be found below.
- Members who do not finish in the money will still receive 25 participation points. If a player withdraws from an event during competition for a legitimate reason (health, family emergency, etc…) he will still receive his participation points. However, if a player no cards without a legitimate reason he shall forfeit his participation points for that tournament.